A private hospital in Lagos is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Medical Officer
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full-Time
Number of posts: 2
Organization: Private Hospital
Job Summary: The Medical Officer is responsible for applying medical knowledge and skills in the diagnosis, disease prevention and treatment of patients.
· We are seeking a highly capable medical officer to manage our medical team and to supervise the healthcare services that they provide.
· In this role, your duties will include serving as a clinical advisor, overseeing clinical trials, and maintaining high standards of patient care.
· To ensure success, medical officers should exhibit extensive clinical knowledge and demonstrable experience in a similar managerial role.
· An accomplished medical officer will be someone who can align their medical expertise with best practices in health administration.
• MBBS or its equivalent; additional certificate is a plus
• Full registration with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria
• Valid medical practicing license
• Candidate must have a minimum of 1-2 years post NYSC experience
• Basic and Advanced life support skills
• Willing to act and eager to adopt new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Sound medical knowledge
• Good leadership and counselling skills
• Patient-focused approach
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Flexible, team player, and critical thinker.
• Candidate must have adequate clinical experience and be able to work with minimum supervision
• Good knowledge of surgical management and care
• Knowledge in acute emergency and critical/intensive care is an advantage
Reasonable accommodation available, at Hospital’s discretion.
· Monitor and provide general and follow up care to patients at designated work stations.
· Liaise with consultants and specialists on patients’ medical condition
· Prescribe and carry out appropriate investigations and medication in line with diagnosis and as directed a specialist.
· Examine and evaluate patients to diagnose their medical conditions in liaison with respective specialists/consultants.
· Prompt incidence reporting and management of patients’ grievances
· Maintain complete and accurate documentation of patients’ encounters.
· Provide health education and support to patients and their attendants
· Liaise and work with other medical and non-medical staff to ensure quality care is given to patients
· Ensure smooth running of the outpatient clinics
· Maintain confidentiality and impartiality
· Comply with the use of Standard Operating Procedures and policies / adherence to quality standards and clinical practice guidelines.
Interested applicants should complete form below