A private hospital in Lagos is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Medical Officer
Contract Type: Full time
Working Pattern: Morning duty 8 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday. NO weekends.
Number of posts: 1
Organization: Taprobane Medical Center Nig LTD
Location: Private Hospital
Job Summary: The Medical Officer is responsible for applying medical knowledge and skills in the diagnosis, disease prevention, treatment and referral of patients.
● We are seeking a highly capable medical officer to work in close collaboration with our team of Consultant Family Physicians.
● To ensure success, medical officers should exhibit adequate clinical knowledge and basic emergency medical and surgical skills.
● MBBS or its equivalent
● Full registration with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria
● Valid medical practicing license.
● Post NYSC Medical Officer.
● Basic and Advanced life support skills
● Willing to act and eager to adopt new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
● Good communication and interpersonal skills
● Sound medical knowledge
● Good leadership and counselling skills
● Patient-focused approach
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
● Flexible, team player, and critical thinker.
● Be able to work with minimal supervision.
● Knowledgeable in acute care medicine
● Good knowledge of surgical management and care
● Candidates shall be invited for a Virtual interview on Saturday 30th July 2022 at 3 pm.
Application Closes: Friday 29th July 2022 at Midnight.
● Monitor and provide general and follow up care to patients at designated work stations.
● Liaise with consultants and specialists on patients’ medical condition
● Prescribe and carry out appropriate investigations and medication in line with diagnosis and as directed by the Family Physician.
● Examine and evaluate patients to diagnose their medical conditions in liaison with respective specialists/consultants.
● Prompt incidence reporting and management of patients’ grievances
● Maintain complete and accurate documentation of patients’ encounters.
● Provide health education and support to patients and their attendants
● Liaise and work with other medical and non-medical staff to ensure quality care is given to patients
● Ensure smooth running of the outpatient clinic.
● Maintain confidentiality and impartiality
● Comply with the use of Standard Operating Procedures and policies / adherence to quality standards and clinical practice guidelines.