A private hospital in, Lagos is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Medical Officer.
Salary Grade: Negotiable
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full-Time
Number of posts: 1
The Medical Officer is responsible for applying medical knowledge and skills in the diagnosis, disease prevention and treatment of patients.
1. We are seeking a highly capable medical officer to manage our medical team and to supervise the healthcare services that they provide.
2. In this role, your duties will include serving as a clinical advisor, overseeing clinical trials, and maintaining high standards of patient care.
3. To ensure success, medical officers should exhibit extensive clinical knowledge and demonstrable experience in a similar managerial role.
4. An accomplished medical officer will be someone who can align their medical expertise with best practices in health administration.
- MBBS or its equivalent
- Full registration with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria
- Valid medical practicing license
- Post NYSC experience
- Basic and Advanced life support skills
- Willing to act and eager to adopt new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound medical knowledge
- Good leadership and counseling skills
- Patient-focused approach
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexible, team player, and critical thinker.
NOTE: Application closes 25th April, 2022.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· Monitor and provide general and follow-up care to patients at designated workstations.
· Liaise with consultants and specialists on patients’ medical condition
· Prescribe and carry out appropriate investigations and medication in line with diagnosis and as directed by a specialist.
· Examine and evaluate patients to diagnose their medical conditions in liaison with respective specialists/consultants.
· Prompt incidence reporting and management of patients’ grievances
· Maintain complete and accurate documentation of patient encounters.
· Provide health education and support to patients and their attendants
· Liaise and work with other medical and non-medical staff to ensure quality care is given to patients
· Ensure smooth running of the outpatient clinics
· Maintain confidentiality and impartiality
· Comply with the use of Standard Operating Procedures and policies/adherence to quality standards and clinical practice guidelines.
CONDITION OF SERVICE
- Must meet the essential person specification
- Provision of satisfactory references
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK AND LOCATION: 9:00 AM TO 6:00 PM MONDAY TO SATURDAY AND ALTERNATE WEEKEND