A private hospital in Victoria Island, Lagos is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
Salary: Negotiable based on skills and experience
Working Pattern: Full-Time
Number of posts: 3
Job Summary: Provides medical and surgical care to women and has particular expertise in pregnancy, childbirth, and disorders of the reproductive system.
1. Provide patient-focused Obstetrics and Gynaecology services and ensure optimal care of patients.
2. Records and reports test results and examination of information to diagnose the medical condition of the patient.
3. To provide antenatal, intrapartum and postnatal care in the obstetric service in close cooperation with other specialties.
4. Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical histories, reports, and examination results.
5. Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
6. Monitor patients' condition and progress and re-evaluate treatments as necessary.
7. Perform caesarean sections or other surgical procedures as needed to preserve patients' health and deliver babies safely.
8. Prescribe or administer therapy, medication and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
9. To establish and run a one-stop out-patient hysteroscopy clinic as well as other minimal access surgeries at the Ikeja branch.
10. To facilitate & participate in weekly departmental meetings and meetings related to the ongoing review and evaluation of the obstetrics and gynaecology service.
11. Refer patients to a medical specialist or other practitioners when necessary.
12. Treat diseases of female organs.
13. Conduct research to develop or test medications, treatments, or procedures to prevent or control disease or injury.
14. Consult with, or provide consulting services to other physicians.
15. Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, medical officers, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff.
16. Plan, implement or administer health programs in the hospital for the prevention and treatment of injuries or illnesses.
17. Participate in continuing professional development at local and international levels.
18. Participate in clinical recruitment exercises for the hospital.
19. To participate in Clinical observership and training, also to adopt the role of clinical supervisor to medical officers.
1. Active Listening
2. Critical Thinking
3. Sound Judgment and Decision Making
4. Time Management
5. Learning Strategies
6. Active Learning
7. Quality Control Analysis
8. Good Written and verbal communication skills
9. Problem Solving
10. Management of Personnel Resources
1. MBBS/MB ChB
2. FMCOG or equivalent
3. Two to Five years post residency experience with a valid MDCN practicing license
4. Appropriate competencies and skills in general Obstetrics and Gynaecology
5. Must be able to perform Obstetrics and Gynaecology scan
6. Experience in minimal access surgery (Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy) and/or assisted reproductive technique or fetal and maternal medicine
7. Evidence of leadership and management
8. Ability to carry out administrative duties in the department
10. Ability to teach clinical skills
11. Knowledge of research, methodology and ability to interpret published research
12. Special interest in any of the following will be an advantage: Laparoscopy, Hysteroscopy, Obstetrics and Gynaecology scanning, Assisted Reproduction and Fetal/maternal medicine
13. A research interest in area of expertise
Expected hours of work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Sunday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call duties inclusive which will be 1 in 3 consultants (week days) and 1 in 3 consultants (weekends).
Interested applicants should complete form below