A private hospital in Egbeda,Lagos is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Pharmacist
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full-Time
· Checks prescriptions to ensure that there are no errors and that they are appropriate and safe for the individual patient
· Provides advice on the dosage of medicines and the most appropriate form of medication, for example, tablet, injection, ointment or inhaler.
· Participates in ward rounds, taking patient drug histories and involvement in decision-making on appropriate treatments
· Ensures medicines are stored appropriately and securely.
· Supervises the work of Pharmacy Technicians.
· Answers questions about medicines from within the hospital, other hospitals and the general public.
· Keeps up to date with, and contributing to, research and development.
· Complies with hospital policies and pharmacy standard operating procedures
· Provides information on expenditure on drugs.
A minimum of Bachelor of Pharmacy from an accredited University, completion of internship and NYSC.
Relevant experience of 2+ years in hospital pharmacy environment is an added advantage.
Professional disposition and ability to maintain confidentiality.
Ability to empathize with patients in a sincere and respectful manner
Articulate and clearly spoken ability