Sigma Consulting Group is a recruiting firm with corporate head office in Lekki, Lagos. We are recruiting for our client, an oncology center located in Victoria Island, Lagos who seeks to provide world class cancer treatment and care for patients in Nigeria and Africa. We are looking for a full-time Oncology Medical Officer whose job description will include among others developing and compiling management (Diagnosis, Investigations, treatment and follow-up protocols) for the various medical conditions. Developing guides and procedures for each client.
• Reviews patient file/record, including allergies, problems and medications.
• Elicits and records information about patient’s medical history.
• Examines patients for symptoms or physical information.
• Orders or executes various tests, analyses and diagnostic images to provide information on patient’s condition.
• Analyzes reports and findings of tests and examination and diagnoses condition of patient.
• Administers or prescribes treatments.
• Determines and prescribes medication, dosage and schedule given the patient’s condition and allergies.
• Discusses any possible side effects to medication with patient.
• Promotes health by advising patients about diet, hygiene and methods for prevention of disease.
• Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data.
• Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
• Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses.
• Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly t customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance.
• Oral Communication – Responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
• Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively.
• Ethics – Treats people with respect; upholds organizational values.
• Qualifications – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
MBBS, MBCh, MD, with 2 to 3 years experience in an oncology clinic.